New Year opens doors for new discoveries. With the current COVID-19 crisis resulting in temporary closures of events, it is quite likely to feel sad, but the good news is there are still enough safe things and fun which you can experience in Hong Kong. Right from the greenery in abundance, world-class exhibitions, vibrant street art, delicious street food, luxurious shopping malls, to bustling street markets, there is enough to keep you entertained in this city.
A Brief on the Different Cool Events and Amazing Things to do in Hong Kong
- Frozen Exhibition- This upcoming exhibition is a must-watch for all Frozen fans. It is dedicated to the Disney film Frozen. The exhibition will boast of interactive experiences, original artwork sketches, life-sized installations, among others.
- Iconic Star Ferry- This is pocket-friendly and historic transportation that takes locals between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. The lower deck in the ferry is adjacent to the water, while the ferry’s upper deck provides a beautiful view of the waterfront. So, people can hop both night and day for two and equally impressive views. Through this ferry, people can see Hong Kong’s iconic skyline and Victoria Harbour that is often pictured in Hollywood films.
- Hong Kong Trams- This is a city icon. Popularly called the “ding-ding,” trams offer a cost-effective means to tour Hong Kong Island. Through this ride, people can catch almost every city sight from Shau Kei Wan to Kennedy Town. To know more, visit expatliving.hk.
- Ocean Park- This is a perfect combination of an oceanarium, an amusement park, and a marine mammal park. Ocean Park has a specialty; that is, there is something for the age group. Right from drooling over adorable pandas, riding on the Ferris wheel, feeding the animals, and having fun with the marine creatures, there is no dearth of activities to stay engaged. The icing on the cake is there are plenty of dining and shopping delights here.
- Madame Tussauds Museum- For a light-hearted experience, there cannot be anything better than indulging in with friends and family members posing with the wax celebrity statures in this museum. This museum has wax figures of various leading politicians, sports persons, and actors of the world in a proper lifelike appearance.
- Australia Dairy Company- For all food lovers, ensure to drop at Australia Dairy Company for some authentic and lip-smacking Hong Kong food. The freshly prepared coffee and tea here contains the city’s essence. Also do not forget to try the eggs that they serve, you will surely ask for more.
Apart from these, Hong Kong has a lot more to offer you. No matter you visit alone, in the company of friends, or with family and kids, there is something that will please every age group. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and embark on your journey to explore a new city and its secret attractions. Not to forget, do keep the social distancing guidelines in mind. Happy and safe journey!!!