11 Best Clothing Apps For Shopping
Recently, an increasing number of purchases are made using mobile devices – smartphones and tablets. This explains the increased interest of large trading platforms in creating and promoting their own mobile clothing apps, because with their help they retain both loyal customers and, thanks to special features that were unattainable in standard browser versions, attract new ones.
Today, mobile shopping apps are not just familiar virtual storefronts adapted for wearable devices, but something more: they are acquiring social functions, offering special discounts and making shopping recommendations based on user habits and behavior.
As a rule, all applications for mobile shopping are released for three platforms that are relevant today: Android, iOS and Windows Phone (WP). We have compiled for you a selection of the 15 most popular applications that allow you to shop in the most famous foreign online stores and accompanied each of them with a brief list of features and available useful functions.
1. Aliexpress (Android, iOS).
Mobile application from the largest retail marketplace in China, which presents tens of millions of products from clothing to auto accessories. It allows you to do everything on portable devices that is available in the desktop version and even a little more:
- search through the entire product range and view the catalog;
- make purchases and pay for them;
- add products to wish lists;
- share purchases on social networks;
- track orders;
- receive technical support and conduct disputes.
An important feature of the application is that through it you can get an additional small discount. This can be done by scanning a special QR code from the screen of a desktop computer or laptop. The discount, as a rule, is quite small, but such an opportunity itself is very pleasing.
2. Amazon (Android, iOS, WP).
The global online hypermarket, which has branches in the US, UK, Germany, Japan and several other countries, has also acquired its own mobile shopping application. The application allows you to carry out standard operations, search, selection, payment and evaluation of goods from an extensive catalog, which presents everything from shoes to electronics. In addition, the application has a number of other useful features that make it unique in its kind:
- you can scan barcodes and take pictures of products in regular stores to search for them on Amazon and compare prices;
- users of the mobile application have access to instant notifications about discounts of the day and special offers valid for a limited period of time;
- there is the possibility of voice search and order management (for example, you can get information about the status of the parcel through a voice command).
3. Asos ( Android , iOS ).
The British youth fashion store offers its mobile shoppers the most convenient way to shop from virtually anywhere. Subways, cafes, bars, cinemas, concert venues, fitness clubs, offices and auditoriums can become places where young people can order relevant and trendy items through a mobile application. Other important features of the Asos mobile app include:
- the ability to receive notifications about sales and special offers – now discounts on interesting products are not so easy to miss;
- you can share your finds on Asos with friends and ask their advice on social networks;
- the branded feature of showing a video showing how the thing sits on the model is also available in the Asos mobile app.
Of the shortcomings, it must be emphasized that, unfortunately, the application has not yet been translated into Russian.
4. BangGood ( Android , iOS ).
This mobile application is owned by a Chinese one-stop online store that stocks cheap mobile phone accessories, radio-controlled toys, clothing, office and home supplies. The application allows buyers to:
- search for the right product and read reviews on it;
- always be aware of current discounts and sales;
- save interesting offers to “favorites”;
- make purchases and pay for them via PayPal ;
- also in the application from BangGood , the function of tracking the status of the order and the ability to receive advice from the support service are available.
Customers are generally positive about the application, but some would like a special version for tablets with a landscape view of information.
5. DealExtreme (Android, iOS).
Another well-known Chinese online store that sells thousands of useful items at low prices also offers its customers a mobile shopping experience. Through the DealExtreme application, you can buy any product from the store’s assortment, and these are: curious gadgets, car accessories, hobbies, casual wear and sports equipment. Popular features of the DX.com app include:
- the ability to always be aware of special offers of the store;
- search for the desired product through the search bar and catalog (however, many users complain that the search is not implemented in the best way);
- pay for purchases directly from a mobile device (including via PayPal);
- manage your favorites list.
6. DHGate (Android, iOS).
The DHGate platform has a set of product categories that is standard for other Chinese online stores : health and beauty products, jewelry, children’s products, portable electronics. And all this can be bought, having at hand only a smartphone or tablet with a proprietary application installed, which allows you to:
- make retail and group purchases ;
- receive notifications about discounts and participate in the drawing of coupons ;
- read reviews of suppliers and their products;
- pay in many different ways (including via WebMoney and Qiwi).
In a word, the mobile application performs all the functions necessary for the average buyer, which he is used to when browsing DHGate on a desktop computer.
7. eBay (Android, iOS, WP).
One of the pioneers of online commerce, the American eBay auction could not stay away from the latest technical trends in online shopping and today can offer its own mobile application to its regulars. Among the supported functions, we note:
- the ability to fully participate in auctions, i.e. bid, bargain for discounts, make instant purchases and exchange messages with the seller;
- you can scan barcodes in stores and look for a similar product on eBay ;
- the mobile application allows you to configure notifications to receive only the necessary information;
- sellers will appreciate the ubiquitous availability of the function of putting their goods up for sale;
- users from Russia will be pleased to use the interface in Russian.
8. Etsy (Android, iOS).
A popular global platform for the sale and purchase of unique handmade items (handmade), has prepared a special mobile application for its users that allows you to:
- view products from the catalog;
- ask questions to sellers and receive answers from them;
- receive recommendations based on your preferences;
- make purchases and pay for them using Google Wallet and PayPal ;
- follow orders.
With the Etsy mobile app, buying a special gift for a celebration, becoming the owner of an unusual decoration or furnishing your home in an original way is not a problem.
For sellers, Etsy has a separate application – Sell on Etsy ( Android , iOS ).
9. FastTech ( Android ).
The Hong Kong-based electronic components and gadgets store has its own vision of mobile shopping. The emphasis in the FastTech application is on providing prompt and qualified support. Among the main functions:
- the ability to read the barcodes of purchased goods in order to quickly create requests to the technical service;
- a tool for photographing defects in the goods that arrived and sending images to the store’s support service for processing a return;
- instant notifications if the store has messages or offers for you.
In addition, all standard functions of such applications are supported, namely: search, view product characteristics, checkout and payment for purchases, order tracking .
The only thing that many users of the application find fault with is the lack of a Russian translation.
10. iHerb (Android, iOS).
The American store of natural products for proper balanced nutrition, personal care and sports has developed its own mobile application that allows customers to:
- store the history of purchases and search queries, which in the future will allow you to quickly make repeated orders, avoiding a long search;
- receive comprehensive information about the viewed products, including packaging images, composition and storage conditions;
- receive recommendations from iHerb based on what you have already purchased and highly rated in the reviews;
- purchases through the iHerb mobile app also count towards the rewards program if your friends bought something on your recommendation.
11. Gilt (Android, iOS).
A mobile application from one of the most famous private shopping clubs in the USA allows you to purchase clothes and accessories of expensive, prestigious brands with significant discounts. It also aims to help customers:
- always be aware of current sales, information about which is updated almost every day;
- in addition to regular sales, it is possible to follow exclusive offers specially sent out to mobile users;
- be the first to know about new arrivals.
With the application from Gilt, it will be difficult to miss the desired sale and miss the long-awaited discount.