Are you an adrenaline junkie? If yes, we have curated the top 10 adventures you can do in India for an adrenaline rush. From camping in the lap of the Himalayas in Dev Bhoomi Rishikesh to trekking in the ice sheet in Chadar trek, we touch everything that you love. Go through the various adventure activities below:
- Camping in Rishikesh – Doing full justice to its name, “The Adventure Capital of India,” Rishikesh offers you the best adventure activities across the country. Camping in Rishikesh is one of the best adventures you can opt for here. There are many options for you to choose from while opting for camping in Rishikesh. Your camping depends on several factors such as campsite location. You want to reside in tents or cottages. You want to enjoy riverside camping or jungle camping, etc. Paddler Zone Camp in Shivpuri, Nature Valley Camp on Neelkanth Road, and Aqua Forest Camp in Kaudiyala are the most popular in Rishikesh. Online book your Rishikesh camping with India Thrills to get the best deals.
- Hot Air Balloon, Rajasthan – If you are not an extreme adventurer and still want to indulge in adventurous and thrilling activities, go for Hot Air Ballooning. It is an activity that is gaining popularity among tourists day by day. The best experience you can have of this activity is in Rajasthan. Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur, and Pushkar are the famous places in Rajasthan where you can enjoy a ride in the Hot Air Balloon. You’re on your trip from October to June to enjoy this activity.
- Waterfall Rappelling in Maharashtra – Waterfall Rappelling is an extremely adventurous sport that you can try in India. You have to climb down the cliff using a rope in this sport. Thane, Maharashtra, is a famous location to perform this activity. It is an extremely thrilling water sport. If you want to enhance this experience, you should visit here in monsoons. It would be best if you opted for this sport after thinking properly, as it needs people who are mostly professional mountaineers.
- Trekking, Chadar Trek – Trekking is a wonderful activity for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. India has some of the most beautiful locations across the world for trekking. Once you start searching for treks in India, you will find a long list of thrilling locations. Chadar Trek in Ladakh is an experience to opt for. Walk on the frozen Zanskar River and catch a sight of the frozen waterfall to get stunned. Early January to Early February is considered the best time to go for this trek and make some unforgettable memories.
- Rafting on Ganga River – River Rafting on the Ganga River is one of the most adventurous activities one can opt for in Rishikesh. The three popular locations for this are Shivpuri down, Marine Drive down, and Kodiyala down. People below 14 years of age and above the age of 60 are not allowed to perform this activity as per the rafting guidelines by Uttarakhand Tourism. This river rafting experience would be safe for you, all adequate safety pieces of equipment would be provided, and most of the trainers and instructors are trained by IRF (international rafting federation). Winters serve as the best season for rafting in Rishikesh with low water levels. For River Rafting at Best Prices, you can go through the websites of India Thrills, Thrillophilia & Makemytrip.
- Skiing in Auli – Skiing in the Himalayan Region is one of the most adventurous things you can do to have a thrilling experience. Have the best experience of your life skiing in the “Skiing Capital of India” – Auli. Enjoy this enthralling adventure on the snow-capped mountains and fall in love with the heavenly views. It is a heaven for skiers and snowboarders. November to March – winters serve as the best season to visit Auli and try this adventure.
- Bungee Jumping, Rishikesh – Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh offers you the most noteworthy Bungee jumping spot in India, around 83 meters in height. You should try this adventure sport if you want that adrenaline rush to travel through your body. This activity is under proper guidance and safety measures by experienced and professional masters. Some of these professional masters have also flown from New Zealand to conduct this activity. Anyone from 16 to 50 can participate in this thrilling adventure fearlessly.
- Paragliding in Dehradun – Paragliding is an adventure sport that has gained immense popularity among tourists in India in the past few years. It is an enthralling experience filled with lots of excitement. You can catch a sight of the gorgeous “Mussoorie” and “Doon” valley while flying high at the height of 4000 ft in the sky. You do not need any prior knowledge or training before taking part in this adventure. An experienced pilot will accompany you throughout your flight. October to June is the best season to enjoy Paragliding in Dehradun with pleasant weather and suitable wind currents.
- Scuba diving in Grand Island, Goa – Goa is a perfect destination to try adventure sports. Experienced adventure lovers love to dive on the Grand Island across India. Anybody above 10 years of age can enjoy this experience. Try to visit between mid-October to mid-May to have the best diving experience of your lifetime in Goa. Grand Island is a beautiful location filled with stunning views and home to gigantic marine life. You can try adventure sports here apart from scuba diving by opting for various Scuba Diving Packages in Goa. And You will experience the best visibility underwater here in the whole of Goa. The best option to reach the Grand Island is a boat or a yacht ride from Bogmalo Beach.
- Surfing – Surfing is an exciting watersport you can try at various locations across India. Surf on the waves and ace the balancing game to control your moves on the water. This would prove to be an adventurous, thrilling, and fun experience. You can easily be a master at this art of surfing with a bit of training by some professionals. Apart from board surfing, windsurfing is also an option you can opt for. Goa, Karnataka, Pondicherry, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and the Andaman Islands offer you the best surfing locations in the country.
So now you know the best adventure activities you can try out in parts of India. It’s best to add these adventures to your bucket list and cut them off.