Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is in the process of recruiting 13,487 Junior Engineers all across the country. RRB JE Stage 1 Exam was successfully conducted and over 2 lakh candidates have cleared the Stage 1 Cut Off.
- It is estimated that 2,02,616 candidates will be appearing for the RRB JE CBT 2 examination.
- Candidates who clear the 2nd Stage Junior Engineer exam will go through a Medical Test & Document verification process before the final appointment.
- The 2nd Stage Junior Engineer exam is expected to be tougher than the previous year as observed in the Tier 1 RRB JE Exam.
What is Next for RRB JE Recruitment 2019?
Railway Recruitment Board will follow this schedule for 2019 Recruitment:-
1) RRB JE Stage 2 Exam will be conducted on 5 days from 28th August 2019 to 1st September 2019.
2) RRB JE Exam Analysis will provide a comprehensive review of the CBT 2 exam, expected topics in the exam, asked questions and student’s thoughts on the paper.
3) Railway Recruitment Board will announce the Stage 2 Result on its official website in the last weeks of October or the first week of November 2019.
4) Candidates can check the expected RRB JE Cut Off, previous year cut off trends to set a reasonable target for the RRB JE Stage 2 test.
What is the Exam Pattern for RRB JE Stage 2?
RRB also conducts the Stage 2 exam online. The following table displays the Test pattern for RRB JE CBT 2 –
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||15||15||120 minutes|
|Physics & Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of Computers and Application||10||10|
|Basics of Environmental & Pollution||10||10|
- Negative Marking: There is a Negative marking of 1/3rd marks allotted to the question for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates who clear the RRB JE CBT 2 examination will have to undergo a medical test and document verification before final appointment in the Indian Railways.
- Check RRB JE Result on its official website.
Important Topics for RRB JE CBT 2 Examination
By going through the previous year RRB Junior Engineer Question papers & RRB JE Exam Analysis, we have compiled a list of following important topics for the Stage 2 RRB JE examination.
RRB JE Important General Awareness topics
The important topics in the GA section of the stage 2 exam are as follows:-
- Knowledge of Current affairs
- Indian geography
- Culture and history of India including freedom struggle,
- Indian Politics, construction & legislation.
- Indian Economy, Environmental issues concerning India and the World.
RRB JE Important Physics & Chemistry Topics
Physics and Chemistry will be of 10th standard level. Go through all basics of physics, chemistry and general science to prepare for this section.
Important topics for RRB JE Computer Applications
Following are some important topics in the Computer applications section of the 2nd Stage exam-
- The architecture of Computers.
- Input and Output devices: Storage devices.
- Networking and Operating systems like Windows, Unix, Linux; MS Office.
RRB JE Important topics for Environment and Pollution Control
With the increasing turbulence in the environment of our planet, this section has become very crucial. Candidates can expect questions from the following topics-
- The increasing pollution problem in India.
- Global Warming
- Waste Management
- The adverse effect of environmental pollution and control strategies; Air, water and Noise pollution, their effect and control
Important Topics for RRB JE Mechanical
Some important topics for RRB Junior Engineer Mechanical post are as follows:-
- Material Science
- Strength of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machinery
- Thermal Engineering
Important Topics for RRB JE Civil
Let us take a look at essential topics for RRB JE Civil
- Building Construction
- Building drawing
- Concrete Technology
- Transportation Engineering
- Estimating and Costing
RRB JE Electrical Important Topics
Some important topics for the post of RRB JE Electrical are-
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Utilization of Electrical Energy